![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Sunday, July 27, 2008
On Wednesday, Kim gave me a call asking if I could bring her to Pearl Paint because she needed to get some materials to get her portfolio done. Well I said I could bring her tomorrow (Thursday) if she's free. So we decided to go after her Starbucks Experience class at the Starbucks on 33rd St. and 7th Ave. in Manhattan. She went there together with Christine and Iris Grace and was scheduled to finish at 2:30pm. So at 1:30pm, I was looking at the LIRR schedule and noticed that the next train to Penn Station (which was next to that Starbucks) will arrive at 1:35pm. So I quickly got myself a one way ticket ($7.25 -_-"), ran to the platform and waited for a few minutes before the train arrived. I had a very bad experience the first time I took the LIRR. If you look at one of my entries a few months ago (probably in March 2008) you'll see what I mean. The trains though are way better than the subways and some even come equipped with restrooms, nice cushioned chairs, and its very quiet. Fast as well. There were only 2 stops (or was it 3) in between the Flushing Main St. Station and Penn Station. I arrived at Penn Station 15 to 20 minutes after I got on board compared to the hour plus that would have taken me if I had taken the subway. Anyway, I arrived there earlier than expected and took a seat right in front of the door to the room where they were having their class, nursing my iced venti 3 pumps classic, 3 pumps raspberry green tea lemonade. So 2:30pm came, Iris and Christine came out first followed by Kim. Gave all of em hugs ^^ (I think I've gotten used to that by now since before in Malaysia, the only time I hugged people was when I was about to leave for the States) After hanging around that Starbucks for awhile, Iris left first, then Christine, Kim and myself dropped by Borders for awhile. Christine left then to meet up with a friend before going home. Kim and I took the E train to Canal St. where we got off and walked a few blocks and finally arrived at my favorite art supply store. LOL! The elevator wasn't working so unfortunately the upper floors could not be restocked so at the top floor there was hardly and Copic markers left and stuff. Well we walked around awhile and she realized how expensive being an art student is ($6 for a 6oz tube of watercolor). Expensive no? After that I was getting pretty hungry. It was near 5pm and the only thing that I ate the whole day was a small lil bun in the morning. Thought of going to the Blue Ribbon Sushi but when we arrived, Gary wasn't there and we had to wait 30 to 45 minutes to get a seat, so we walked back to Prince and Sullivan st where our cab dropped us off and fortunately for us, the restaurant at the corner of that block was participating in the Restaurant Week event so its a 3 course meal for $35 per person. We decided to have dinner there and it was great! Well I wasn't at all used to that level of service or enviroment or food and I felt out of place wearing jeans and sneakers. But it was overall a great place. After looking up the restaurant I found out it was rated "the most romantic restaurant" by citysearch in 2006. Lol... I paid for the dinner and tips and was lucky enough that my dad was in the area so he picked me up and sent her home before going home outselves. Oh and the name of the restaurant was the "Cub Room" Some videos that I found on YouTube. Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban A medly of songs (including Bohemian Rhapsody) by Lucia Micarelli
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
