![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Saturday, July 05, 2008 A Day with Kim
So Christine and Kimberly has started work at Starbucks (yay!), Karen has returned from Italy (double yay!), I got paid 1.5 times for today because its July 4th (triple yay!) and I got to hang out with Kim yesterday (quad[?] yay!) LOL! Yesterday was my only day off this week as well since I took Min's shift on Tuesday (and because I worked an extra hour that day, I'm working 39.5 hours this week. Sweet!). Well Kim told me before that she only had one pair of uniform for work and her shoes were deemed inappropriate by John cause it "wasn't completely black". So I decided to help her get another pair of uniforms and shoes. We met up at Starbucks (Thats my third place and work place at the same time LOL [Only Starbucks partners will know what I mean]) and then walked to Old Navy to get her shirt. She's very petite so fortunately there was one last XS sized shirt waiting for her. (couldn't get one in white though). Couldn't find any pants her size so we left and walked to MNG by Mango at the new Queens Crossing Mall. We found a nice stretchy black shirt that would have looked great on her but... It wasn't long enough to be tucked in. Oh well... We wandered around this interior decoration store (kinda forgotten what the name of it was). It was cute how she liked and disliked some of the stuff there. And she also told me about her childhood back in Washington. After that we went to Cafe de Paris on Union St. which she had mentioned about during lunch on Tuesday. The interior decoration was one of a cozy little European bakery and the cakes looked really beautiful (unlike those cheap Chinese bakeries). After grabbing a sandwhich from a deli nearby, we hopped on the subway and made our way to Queens Center Mall. Decided to take a break from walking and sat down on one of those sofas so she can munch on her sandwhich (lol) all the while listening to her talk about her life and food and friends and family. I was content to just listen to her most of the time (she seems to enjoy talking lol). It was pretty interesting though I'm not going to go into detail here since there are things that I think she won't want me to spread all over (which I was prone to doing back in Malaysia). Somehow I've gotten much more reserved since I came here. Not as talkative as before I guess. Anyway, we went to JC Penny's to pick out a pair of khakis for her and then she went on to get herself some perfume (CKin2 was it???) and some other thing which I don't even know what its called (Something to do with eyelashes lol) While looking around she suddenly said that I should get some colongue (which we did later). After paying for her pants we went to PayLess Shoe Source. Turns out she loves high heels (around 3 to 3 1/2 inches in height) Cause for some reason, she feels much more comfortable in those than in regular shoes. She chose the most comfortable slip-resistant shoes she could find (which is important in the line of work that we do) and I helped pay for it. Later we stopped by a few more stores for a little window shopping, sampled like 10 colongues to see which one suits me the best (apparently Ferrari Black). We went to Guess, Banana Republic, some Chinese gift shop, a number of shoe shops (she loves shoes). Getting a little late. So we took the bus back to Flushing, got a drink from Starbucks and talked about singers and stuff while waiting for her bus to arrive. It finally did after a whole lot of other busses came and went so we hugged each other and said our goodbyes. She's a sweet sweet person, my partners think she's cool too. Her boyfriend's a pretty lucky fella. Well, its like 2:51am, Got work in less than 12 hours. I think I should be getting to sleep soon. =P Till next time guys! Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
