Thursday, May 15, 2008 End of a semester
5/15/2008 10:58:00 PM
It has been over a year since I got on the plane and left Malaysia. Its kinda funny how it feels like it was not too long ago I was saying goodbye to my friends that night at my house. I'm glad I was able to use the internet at home till the day I left. Its kinda amazing to think back at those 11 years I was in Malaysia.
I had this customer today (I've been stuck at the register for 3 days now. NOOOO) chinese lady, I asked her how was her day and she was like, "so far, so good. This is my first time in Flushing"
And I was like, "Oh really? Where are you from?"
"Oh I'm from
, Arizona."
I think I had this expression on my face that told her I was trying to figure out where that is.. lol... so she asked me if I've heard of it before and I was like no, I just came back from Malaysia so my American geography isn't that good. She had this surprised look on her face when I mentioned that I was from Malaysia... Turns out that she's from Malaysia as well, KL in fact. So I started talking to her in malay and I mentioned that I was from VI and it was nice to know that she knew that it was Victoria Institution. That kinda prompted me to think back about my days there.
Its kinda funny as well how I try to remember the good ol' carefree days of high school. Makes me wonder how everyone is doing. I feel so detached now from my friends back there. I really don't have much to talk about my life here. I've met a number of great people, made new friends, met a few precious old ones. Went to college, went to work, came back home. Thats all I've been doing the whole time. Plus the few times that I hung out with friends and stuff.