![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Sunday, March 16, 2008 Transportation...
The booth was closed so I had to use the machine. Since this was my first time using the LIRR, I checked the instructions and choose an "Off-Peak Round Trip ticket" from Flushing Main St to Penn Station. It costs me a bloody $10.50. So I waited on the platform, finished my Caramel Macchiatto and my Spinach Feta Wrap and started reading the Star Wars Legacy of the Force : Revelation novel. Waited for about 40 minutes, and I was getting a lil worried too cause it was about 8:43 when the train arrived. I thought to myself, "it'll take around 15 to 20 minutes to get to Penn Station. No worries." Oh how wrong I was... The train conductor came and started punching out tickets and as he did, he said that we have to get off at the next stop, Shea Stadium, and transfer over to the 7 train to get to Manhattan. I was like WTF???? I payed a effing $10.50 to wait 40 minutes for the bloody train and then to only get to the next station to transfer over the to subway which I could've taken in the first place for only $2!? I could hear someone arguing with the conductor further in the train and he said something around the lines of, "You should have read the posters about having to transfer to the 7 train at Shea Stadium" and frankly I don't remember seeing ANY! So I got off with all the other passengers and was cursing silently as I walked with them towards the subway station. I called up my store and told them that I'm not sure if I can make it on time cause the subway's slow. Well there was nothing much I could do but just get in the subway and continue reading my novel until I reached Times Square before I could transfer over to the E train at the 42nd St Port Authority Bus Terminal station to the Penn Station subway station. I got on the E train at 9:30am. Got off at Penn Station which was the next stop at 9:32am and walked the rest of the way (which is around the block) till I got there. Luckily for me, its supposed to start at 10am and I'm the first person there. =_=... anyway.... I got back to Flushing after that and I went to the ticket booth station to ask.... no... demand for a refund... cause I didn't pay a freakin $10.50 to use the subway. But they were closed... (lucky bastards) I'll just get them tomorrow. grrrrr.....
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
