![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Monday, February 18, 2008 s
Well this time it went well. Wasn't that nervous and he decided to hire me. It turns out that out of EVERYONE who went for the open hse interviews the other day, I was the ONLY person they hired. So its kinda cool. I've been working there for 4 days already. Tried a lot of different types of drinks there already (had to make over 23 different drinks today and had to try 22 of them). Anyhow, that means I've left Burger King. My last day there was terrible. First they put me behind my counter, then they put me in the kitchen at the Whopper board (luckily I didn't get any ketchup on my shirt this time), then they decided to put me back behind the counter. Shortly after that, our computer system crashed and everything went dead. All the registers and all the screens in the kitchen wasn't working so we had to do things the old school way. Taking orders manually, getting the price done manually (including tax), and shouting out the orders to the kitchen. I was sooo confused most of the time cause the rest of my co-workers was talking in Spanish. Then after that they put me in the dining room to clean the place up and wipe that constantly growing stack of trays. Anyway thats all gone now. Starbucks is really cool. They have so many benefits to offer for their partners (thats what they call their employees). You can check out the article about Starbucks on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbucks College has been great too. Queensborough Community College isn't as bad as I had thought it would be considering it is a community college. However, professors there and at other more higher standard colleges agree that QCC is a good college and that its often underestimated. I don't really have any photos of the place but if I can find any I'll post them. Including photos of my workplace. I really need to get back to writing more again. There's this thing that I learned in my New Media Writing class and its called freewriting. Basically its writing whatever that you're thinking of at the moment including any information from your 5 senses. For example : I hear jazz playing in my ears. Quite tired now... only slept for like four hours and thirty minutes last night plus had all that caffeine pumped into me. Wild Man Blues by Louis Armstrong and his orchestra. Omg this sounds so old. Jazz : An Introduction. Oh Ching's online. Should I stop freewriting? Maybe not. Its fun. haha. got work tomorrow. 3:30pm to 7:30pm. I wonder what I'm going to do tomorrow. Maybe the rest of the Frappuccinos. I need to remember all the syrups thingy and how to make all those espressos. Ok its something like that. Random stuff that u're thinking of at the moment, write it down. Don't do any editing as in no slashing, backspacing, correcting and you have to keep typing non-stop as well. Do it for a period of time like say, 4 minutes. If I work for 8 months, I should probably get enough holiday hours for a month so that I can go to Malaysia for a holiday. Hope to hear from you guys soon. See ya!!
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
