![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 Emotional Breakdown
Decided to take the bus today... was too lazy to walk to work again. Luckily for me, the bus arrived at the same time I arrived at the bus stop and it was a Q44 Limited bus so it was quicker to arrive at the Flushing Library where I got off, crossed the street to Starbucks to buy a Iced Caramel Macchiato, then walked another 2 blocks to work. At work, everything went fine until that point. I just finished getting some fries for an order, turned around towards my counter when I saw a girl (who was looking away so all I was was the back right quarter of her) who looked exactly like Yi Peng. For a split second I half expected it to be actually her. Then I came to my senses, realizing that that person can't be her. Which was true. But that showed how much she looked like her. Ok sure, her face didn't look like her at all.. But her hairstyle and the height and maybe even her clothes... Does look a lot like her... Well after that all the memories started pouring back... It was overwhelming! I tried my best to stop my tears from flowing. I left my counter, took a cup and went over to the drink station outside the counter and took a drink to try and calm myself down... I went back to the counter but after a few minutes I couldn't handle it anymore and went around the counter to the stairwell where the tears started flowing. My manager came over to offer me a slice of cake. It's her birthday tomorrow and the company's boss came over with a cake. She asked me what was wrong.. I tried to explain but I couldn't complete my sentences... after a while, I explained what happened. And she reassured me that my friendships with my friends in Malaysia won't be lost. Especially when they have a friend like me who's always willing to help others and stuff (from what she observed at work) and cry from the memories of my friends. She also assured me that I'll make friends here. Like I've already done at work. Leidy came over to ask whats wrong and stuff... plus More got me a glass of water and offered a seat... So... yes... I really do miss you all in Malaysia... and I'm glad to have met the people I've met there and here as well (especially the ones at work). I probably won't be going back next summer for a holiday cause I will be busy with college transfers and stuff then. But hopefully during the summer of 2009 I'll be able to pay a visit... Lastly I would like to give a few thanks: To Veruska, Leidy, More, Nicole and everyone else at Burger King, Main St. Flushing for being there for me today and for being my friends, to Stanley, Edward and Moi for naming a fictional student after me for their ICT Competition and to Pei Wern for sending me that wonderful letter which I will keep with me for as long as I can...
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
