![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 SVA and CUNY
Got a call from Alvin in the morning telling me that he got his translated transcripts from Mr. Azahari at the UN building. (Damn its cold tonight... *goes off to close the windows*) He told me that he got it for only $25 and he's never going to go to the translator that Chester went to. I decided to join him in Manhattan later in the afternoon and we both went Krispy Kreme Doughnuts hunting thanks to a few friends of mine. I kinda forgotten where it was so in the end i couldn't find it. And due to the lack of an umbrella we were both wandering around while a light drizzle rained down on us. Then we walked 12 blocks to the SVA at 23rd St and 3rd Ave. I had to wait for Mr. Jaime (pronouced hai-mei) Garcia to come back from his lunch break before I can ask him about my application. When he came back and I asked.. well... ended up I didn't get in. My GPA is very low : 1.8. Its below C average. So he told me that its not worth getting into the college with that kind of results and paying $22,080 for tuition alone. As for my SAT results, he said it was irrelevant when comparing a 1 day exam to a 3 year school report. My portfolio passed though ^^. So yea he told me the only option I have now is to get into a community college for 1 year, improve my grades and then apply for a transfer for next fall. If my results are good enough there's no way that they won't accept me. So I came home and searched collegeboard.com for community colleges in the area. Closest one I could find is the City University of New York's (CUNY) Queensborough Community College at Bayside. Which is east of Flushing about 8.7km drive by car from my house. Except that I don't have a car =_=". So today, I walked through the rain to the bus stop, got on the Q44 bus to Roosevelt Ave. in Flushing, got off, met up with Alvin again, then got on a Q27 bus all the way there. It was raining the whole day btw. So... we got off and walked to the Admin building. Inside I waited for my turn to see the admissions counselor. When I told her that I was rejected from the SVA and was asked to get into a community college for one year then transfer, she told me that its too late for me to get into the Fall Semester for this year, and if I want to get into the Spring semester in January, I'd have to get my stuff done ASAP cause it takes about 3 months to get all the stuff settled. Later at McD, I spilled my LARGE Sprite all over the floor when my bag slipped off my shoulder and knocked my arm. Walking to the library after that I almost slipped on the sidewalk when I was about to cross the road. So yea... really bad 2 days...
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
