![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Monday, July 09, 2007 Manhattan, Melissa's Birthday, WALKING!!!
So basically Chester, Benjamin and I (with the occasional Victor) have been bringing them around New York City. On their 2nd day here, we took them to the Flushing Queens Library. Well actually, Chester did. I had to go for my driving lesson. I met them after that at their old house. After taking a few pics, we walked over to Melissa's old school, PS 114. Which was just a few blocks away. Compared to my old school, PS 130 which was miles away from my old house. FAR FAR AWAY! On our first trip to Manhattan, we walked around Times Square, then walked up to Central Park. There we walked through the park. Before this I only visited a tiny southern portion of the Park. If it looks this good in summer, I can't wait till autumn comes. With all the colorful leaves and everything. We decided to take a rest on this small natural rock formation. It's Manhattan Slate, one of the hardest rock in the world. At the time the park was created, they didn't have the technology to remove the rocks. The result? You can find these rock formations all over Central Park. And it isn't an eyesore either. Its actually quite nice. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Finally we arrived at our final destination of the day, The American Museum of Natural History. I visited the museum before I migrated to Malaysia. I can hardly recognize much of the museum. But I have to say, it was WAY much more interesting than the National Museum in Malaysia. Their exhibits includes meteorites, minerals, gems, human origins, the New York State Environment, North American Forests, Biodiversity, Northwest Coast Indians, Ocean Life, Biodiversity, North American Mammals, the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall, planet Earth, small mammals, and lots more. All of the exhibits that I've mentioned was on the 1st floor. There are still 3 more floors of exhibits. Way too many to list down here. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() On our 2nd visit, we went to quite a number of places:1. Grand Central Station 2. Chrysler Building 3. Rockefeller Centre 4. Empire State Building 5. Madison Square Garden 6. Ground Zero 7. Wall Street 8. Battery Park 9. South Street Seaport (Pier 17) I'll write about it in another post. >_< Oh yes. Go here>>> Sounds of New York its an interesting site
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
