![]()
Ryan "Cooper" T. Chong
19 years old Singer Artist Starbucks barista Please click on the links below to navigate my site
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
Free Counter
Life In The Big Apple
Sunday, May 20, 2007 First actual post in quite awhile...
hehe... this is going to be my first actual post in awhile... hahaha... Well its cause there really hasn't been much to do recently. Its the same routine everyday: Wake up, online, lunch, online, pick up Edric, online till Chester comes back home, then just laze around the house doing nothing then go online again/play games on the computer, dinner, continue lazing around, computer, sleep. Sooo... yea... been really bored... same freaking routine day after day... Last night though, I had my first game of bowling here... $11.50 a game including shoes which is currently RM39.03 give or take a few cents. The American Dollar has been dropping... Windows Vista has this neat feature where u can view the exchange rate between different currencies. Mine is currently set at US Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit. When I first got my laptop. It was 3.42x Malaysian Ringgit to a US Dollar. At the moment its at 3.394 Ringgit to 1 Dollar. So yes, it still is expensive but that was on a weekend and naturally weekend prices are higher. Scored a 99 on that game... Not bad for ME after 1 month plus since my last game. 2 spares and 2 strikes. Most of the flowers has already withered and died. So, everything's all green now... However... It still looks much more interesting than in the parks in Malaysia. Probably because of the different types of trees and the different types of leaves compared to the common tiny leaf that I used to see in Malaysia. I'm still trying to get used to life here. Gotten used to some stuff already... though I can't really say what I've gotten used to. Weather maybe? Still haven't gotten used to tipping the waiters and restaurants yet... No one does that in Malaysia but its sorta like a must here. So sometimes I leave the pizza parlor and after a few hours I realized that I didn't tip the guy at the counter. darn... I paid a visit to my old house the other day, the landlady still remembers me (after I reminded her of course). We talked for a while then I walked back home. Hmm... I've bet u heard that obesity is becoming a more frequent problem among American kids and teens.. I think I know why. Think of it this way.. How often does one actually buy chips and ice cream in Malaysia like Frito Lay's Ruffles, Haagen Daz/Baskin Robins and so on. Not much since most of these foodstuff/junk food as some people call them, are imported. Well when I first arrived, there was 2 bags of chips in the cabinet, a bottle of ginger ale in the fridge, a block of cheese half the size of an American brick (which is longer than the average malaysian brick). It seems that its easier for them to get junk food here than it is in Malaysia or it could be they just buy it more often than the average Malaysian. I still have to say one thing though. The Sprite here taste better =P. Just so u guys know, I'm doing alright here. Just a tad lonely... (as usual) everyone's been like, "You're 18 and you've NEVER had a girlfriend!?"... swt.... Anywayz.... I hope to hear from y'all soon. Take care everyone!
Blogs
Interesting Sites
Archive Friend Test : How well do you know me? ![]() Create your own Friend Test here NYC Weather Forcast by Accuweather.com |
